Friday, July 17, 2020

Lewis' 5th Grade Graduation

Lewis handled the disappointments of coronavirus shut down amazingly. It was hard for him. The 5th graders would have had a field trip to NYC for the day. (I would have chaperoned :-( ) He would have had some really fun end of school activities and assemblies and a big clap out celebration by the whole school. He would have had a trip to the middle school...instead an online orientation with the principal. And, his boychoir would have had a 3 day trip to NYC, including a festival and performances at Carnegie Hall and a Broadway show. (I also would have chaperoned ;-( )

But, his school was amazing! The culture there is so fantastic and supportive and positive. They really treat each child as a special human being with endless potential. They organized a drive by clap out. Lewis got a really nice gift bag with goodies. He received a cool shirt. And, he got to hop out and take photos with his teachers and principal. It was really fun and exciting!



Here's Mr. Turnbull, the most amazing principal I might ever know! And, Ms. Clark and Ms. Shackelton...two of the most amazing teachers I think I'll ever know. Lewis had a superb year!



I made my cute graduate do a photo shoot for me when we got home! Love this handsome, smart, kind boy! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.