Our week was taken over with a most exciting experience!
On Wednesday, Lewis' boy choir conductor reached out to ask if Lewis would want to audition for a boy soprano part in an opera - Amahl and the Night Visitors. He was recommending only Lewis for the part.
Thursday we met with Fred and got the music and began to learn. Saturday we met with Fred again to work on it. Lewis is a fast learner and a quick memorizer. It was completely amazing to me, actually, to see him pick up and nail parts I could feel that I didn't have down yet. Good for him!
He worked on it during whatever free time we could find across a busy weekend. And, Mike has him perform it for each friend we were having dinner with and everyone he could.
On Tuesday, I took Lewis into NYC to audition for these seriously big shot directors. It was an experience we will ALWAYS remember!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.