Friday, January 29, 2021

Lewis' Birthday and Lead Up to Christmas

Lewis had a wonderful 12th birthday. I cannot believe that we have a 12 year old!!!!! Such a caring, fun, good hearted, thoughtful, responsible, amazing 12 year old at that! 

He was so eager for me to wrap presents, so the night before his birthday, I wrapped all the Christmas presents. 

Mike was originally going to be home for Lewis' birthday. But, Cat had received some bad results of her PET scan while he was out in Utah. So, we were grateful we could change his flight so that he could spend the weekend with her before flying back. It helps that we actually celebrate Lewis' half birthday! So, we tried to keep expectations low but still really enjoy the day! 


Waffles for the birthday boy's breakfast! 


Not sure what this was! A muscle comparison contest?!? But, funny! 


The boys were so loving and supportive to Lewis on his birthday! 



Since we give Lewis his gifts at his half birthday, we normally just give a book...or in this case two small books. He was excited! Love this book loving kid! 



The snow made for great for entertainment for days after the fact! 


To finish celebrating, we went to Princeton in the evening for some Bent Spoon and a trip to Jazams where Lewis could spend his birthday money from Didi. Thomas Sweet Chocolates had the most delightful Christmas window display! 


This boy loves his snuggle bear! 


We spent the day on Sunday still with Lewis putting together his Lego Robot from Gogo and Baba. That was a 2 day affair, and so fun for him. Beau and I especially made sugar cookies. Our secret elves had dropped off the dough and cutters. SO thoughtful! 



WMA had their winter concert broadcast online in the evening. I had a snowball fight out in the yard with the other two. Lewis listened inside and called me when it was time for his Boychoir's numbers. It was lovely! They have done an amazing job. Of course, it's nothing like getting to perform a concert in person. But, so glad they have put in the work to do something special! 




Here's David filling out his journal before bed. 


I don't remember why I agree to let them have breakfast up here, but they loved it! 


DADDY'S HOME!!!!!
Yay! 
I couldn't believe how much anxiety I had about the possibility of Mike catching covid and then getting stuck in Utah for Christmas and not making it home. Thank goodness!!!!!



We had this cool wish paper that we used for our Santa letters this year! We rolled the papers into a cylinder and then lit them on fire and they floated up! A really fun activity, and a great solution since we no longer have  wood fireplace indoors, and it was a bit chilly for the outdoor option. :-)


Here's how I found David when I went to close his door before I went to bed. He was sleeping under the blinds so he could watch for the secret elves!!! Awesome! 


My choir's Christmas get together. It was fun. NOT THE SAME! But, again - grateful.


Mike needed to quarantine for a week after he got back. But, we figured he and I could still go on a date to Princeton, get take out, and I'd just run into the restaurant to pick it up! On the way in, we stopped to see the Christmas star! The two nights when the stars (was it Venus and another planet?!?) were actually overlapping so that it created a beautiful, bright "new" star were too cloudy to see anything. So, this was a couple nights later when they were slightly separated again. But, it still felt really special to us to see this! A once in a lifetime experience! 


On our date night!


The thank you note we wrote to our secret elves before they revealed themselves to us on Christmas Eve. We actually were pretty sure it was someone completely different. Turns out it was the Couillens - amazing!!! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.